The 7th annual Rocky Mountain Old-time Music Festival will be held July 6th – 10th, 2016. Yes that’s right we added a day by popular demand!!! Save the Dates!!!
Please visit our 2016 Festival page for general information about the upcoming festival, which will take place July 6-10, 2016!
The 2016 lineup includes:
- Foghorn Stringband
- Erynn Marshall & Carl Jones
- Spencer & Rains (Tricia Spencer & Howard Rains)
- More to come….
Visit our 2015 Lineup page for more information about last year’s bands, callers, and instructors.
Welcome to CROMA’s website, where you’ll find the Central Rockies’ hub for all things old-time! We encourage you to browse our site to:
- Join our email list
- Find a jam
- Annual Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Festival
- Book an old-time string band for your event
- Learn more about old-time music
- Go to a dance in your community dance hall
- Find a fiddle teacher, or buy a new (or old!) banjo
Old-time music is the pre-bluegrass, fiddle and banjo music that grew organically from rural traditions in places like Southern Appalachia and the Ozarks. This music traveled with settlers who came west, and subsequently took root in various mining camps and settlements throughout the Central Rockies.
The old-time scene in the Central Rockies is vibrant with old-timers and
new-timers (from all over!) playing, listening to and dancing to music throughout these beautiful mountains.
Old-time music was the old-time name for real mountain-type folk music.
— Mike Seeger