Thank you to everyone who attended the 2016 Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Festival and to all of our volunteers and sponsors who helped make this event possible!!! We can’t wait to do it again next year!!!
The 2016 lineup includes:
- Foghorn Stringband
- Erynn Marshall & Carl Jones
- Spencer & Rains (Tricia Spencer & Howard Rains)
- Red Squirrel Chasers (Jim Nelson, Stephanie Coleman, Jim Collier, Dedo Norris)
- Bootlickers (Lee Guthrie, AJ Srubas, Aron Tacke, Arne Pelto, Rina Rossi)
- Vesta Johnson & Steve Hall
Visit our 2016 Lineup page for more information about last year’s bands, callers, and instructors.
Fort Collins Community Barn Dance!
Thank you to all of our 2016 barn dance attendees!!! We plan to take a bit of a break through the rest of the summer and hope to start the dances back up again in the fall so be on the lookout for announcement of dates!
Welcome to CROMA’s website, where you’ll find the Central Rockies’ hub for all things old-time! We encourage you to browse our site to:
- Join our email list
- Find a jam
- Annual Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Festival
- Book an old-time string band for your event
- Learn more about old-time music
- Go to a dance in your community dance hall
Old-time music is the pre-bluegrass, fiddle and banjo music that grew organically from rural traditions in places like Southern Appalachia and the Ozarks. This music traveled with settlers who came west, and subsequently took root in various mining camps and settlements throughout the Central Rockies.
The old-time scene in the Central Rockies is vibrant with old-timers and
new-timers (from all over!) playing, listening to and dancing to music throughout these beautiful mountains.
Old-time music was the old-time name for real mountain-type folk music.
— Mike Seeger