SAVE THE DATES – JULY 5th to 9th 2017 – for the 8th annual Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Festival !
The 2017 lineup thus far:
- Eddie Bond and the New Ballard’s Branch Bogtrotters with special guest Phil Jamison
- Jesse Milnes and Emily Miller
- The Ozark Highballers
Full 2017 lineup announced soon!
Fort Collins Community Barn Dance!
Front Range peeps, are you ready for another season of Square Dancing fun!?! Check out our Events/Dances page for more information on the upcoming 2016/2017 dances!
Welcome to CROMA’s website, where you’ll find the Central Rockies’ hub for all things old-time! We encourage you to browse our site to:
- Join our email list
- Find a jam
- Annual Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Festival
- Book an old-time string band for your event
- Learn more about old-time music
- Go to a dance in your community dance hall
Old-time music is the pre-bluegrass, fiddle and banjo music that grew organically from rural traditions in places like Southern Appalachia and the Ozarks. This music traveled with settlers who came west, and subsequently took root in various mining camps and settlements throughout the Central Rockies.
The old-time scene in the Central Rockies is vibrant with old-timers and
new-timers (from all over!) playing, listening to and dancing to music throughout these beautiful mountains.
Old-time music was the old-time name for real mountain-type folk music.
— Mike Seeger